Thursday, July 10, 2008

So Yummy Dinner I just Made--fast and easy too

(THIS IS VERY MUCH NOT A DIET RECIPE :)

"Oh, Wow! This is the kind of food I'd pay money for!"
-------Micah Budge

Chicken In Lemon Cream with Penne
serves 4-6


1 pound penne pasta
3 TBLS extra-virgin olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, diced into 1-inch cubes
NOTE: ( I wasn't sure if the halves meant they were 2 of them stuck together or what but I just used 2 chicken breasts and it wasn't enough--the chicken noodle ratio was off--I would recommend trying 3 regular chicken breasts.)
1 tsp Herbes de Provence
(I used 'Tones Italian seasoning' spice and put in a tiny bit extra thyme--although it was good it would probably be better to have the actual spice :)
Pinch of salt, plus 1/2 teaspoon more
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper, plus 1/4 teaspoon more
1 Cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 Cups heavy cream
Zest of one lemon
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1/4 Cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
(I only used dried parsley--that's what I had and I used quite a bit less probably 3 TBLS)
2 -3 TBLS fresh squeezed lemon juice

Bring large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 8-10 min. Drain.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in large heavy skillet over med-high heat. Season the cubed chicken breasts with Herbes de Provence and pinch of salt and pepper. Cook chicken in hot oil until golden brown, about 5 min. Using slotted spoon remove chicken from pan, and add chicken to noodles. Pour off any excess oil from pan. Add the Chicken broth to the skillet and cook over med-high heat, using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the cream, Lemon Zest and Cayenne. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Let Simmer and reduce, about 10-15 min.

Add 1/2 tsp. Salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, parsley and lemon juice to chicken and pasta, stir in. Pour Cream sauce over chicken/pasta mix and toss to coat evenly. Serve.

2 comments:

Hethrjem said...

Looks yummy. Much better than my "George Foreman Grill-Burned Chicken Breasts In Mayo and Honey and Dijon Mustard" recipe.

Lefty said...

Sounds delicious and fancy. "Wouldn't you, like to serve this pret-ty dish to your family tonight? It's a good thing." (That's Martha commenting on your food.) Aren't all fast, easy and delicious foods full of fat? I have a great Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole that rivals Homemade Maccaroni and Cheese in it's comfort level...lots of fat, very little fiber. MMMMM


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones