A conversation that occurred yesterday while Jacksen was in the bathtub:
Jax: "Mom, I know how to say Sea Water in Spanish"
Rachel: "Really? How do you say it?"
"J: "(a short pause while he thinks about it) um, it's 'see-wah'
R: "Oh, you are very smart"
J: "yep." (he says very matter-of factly)
Later that day....
J: "Mom, Do you know what 'sonee-dee-dee' means?"
R: "No, what?"
J: (another pause while he thinks) "um.... it's Spanish. It means.....um, 'your in big Doo-Doo'"
I continue to be amazed @ my extraordinarily intelligent son. I have no idea how he learned Spanish, but apparently he knows it. And I didn't even have to teach it to him! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
♥ Too funny! :)
THIS cracks me up!!! Madeline has been translating words of spanish to me just the past few days. "Do you know what Agua is Spanish for? Agua means stop. Agua also means jump. It also means water." This was while she came out of her bedroom at bedtime and was stalling. So I said, "Okay, Agua off the couch and into your room. If you think about coming back out, Agua, and think again. You have Agua in your sippy cup next to your bed if you need it."
And then, Annalise for the past few months has been "speaking" spanish, adding rolled R's to things and making up words.
I love this post. Thanks for sharing. Hey...do you think Halloween candy makes children "speak Spanish".....?
How sweet. I have 3 boys of my own. And, a husband in the military. Seeing the pictures of your little guy makes me want maybe just 1 more....
Post a Comment